Terms and Conditions
The Customer is the person or organization, hiring our tipis, equipment, ordering our catering and/or organisational services. Equipment refers to all further agreed items which the Customer has requested and are stated on our Booking Confirmation Form. Booking Confirmation Form is the form issued by Tipically Inspired to the Customer containing details of the Equipment, Period of Hire, Site Location, Catering requirements and Charges.
All orders are accepted subject to the Terms and Conditions as stated below. The Customer, by authorizing or allowing work to proceed, is deemed to have acknowledged this unless variation is agreed and stated on our Booking Confirmation Form.
Tipically Inspired agrees to:
- Deliver the tipi(s) and equipment as agreed on the Booking Confirmation Form and erect it/them on or before the agreed set up date.
- Provide the catering and event organisation if agreed on the Booking Confirmation Form.
- Dismantle and remove the tipi(s) and equipment as agreed on the Booking Confirmation Form from the site on or after the agreed date.
The Customer agrees to:
- Pay the deposit of 20% at time of booking confirmation and to pay the remaining balance in two instalments – 40% halfway between booking and the date of the event and the remaining balance no later than four weeks before the event. Tipically Inspired reserves the right not to provide the tipi(s) and equipment should payment not be received.
- Provide Tipically Inspired with a person available during the set up or provide a plan showing the position in which the tipi(s) are to be erected if a location unknown to Tipically Inspired has been chosen for the event.
- Warrant the following:
a) The site is reasonably flat, level and has firm ground with access for motor transport.
b) Ensure that no drains, pipes, cables or any other services are buried beneath the surface or otherwise concealed. Tipically Inspired will not be responsible for any damage to underground cables or pipes.
c) The site will be available for installation between 0800-1800 Monday to Friday for at least 3 working days before the Function Date.
- Obtain permits from any authorities who are or may be concerned and to make application where necessary to the Planning Authority, District Surveyor, Police, Fire Brigade and any similar authority or organization. Any costs incurred in delays or modifications in the work arising from the absence or misrepresentation of all such necessary permissions and permits shall be payable to Tipically Inspired by the Customer.
- Obtain a licence from the Local Authority where required. Any requirements under the licence must be notified to Tipically Inspired in writing, at least 28 days prior to erection. Should Tipically Inspired be unable to comply with these requirements, then the Customer shall be notified and the Contract shall be deemed to have been cancelled by the Customer.
- Keep all tipis completely closed and secure and any door fastened when not in use.
- Not permit smoking or put any crepe paper/coloured paper/straw bales or other inflammable materials, lighting, heating, cooking or other gas or electrical appliances in or within 5 metres of a tipi without our agreement in writing.
- Undertake to have a qualified electrician inspect the power supply if not using a generator supplied by Tipically Inspired.
- Not tamper with the structure or any part of the tipi(s) and equipment.
- Be responsible for the safety of his/her own goods while in our tipi(s).
- Be personally present at all times during the use of our tipi(s) or ensure that a responsible person is present and is aware of the responsibilities identified in these Terms and Conditions of Hire.
- Not use any photos or images of Tipically Inspired’s tipis and equipment for commercial use.
All quotations are subject to the availability of tipi(s) and equipment. Quotations to more than one party might be provided for the same date. Availability of tipi(s) and equipment can only be guaranteed after receipt of deposit.
Should the Customer wish for Tipically Inspired to erect the tipi(s) and equipment on any site other than that identified at the time of the quotation, the company reserve the right to vary the price to reflect any additional costs.
The Customer agrees that email can be used as a long-distance means of communication for contracts and provision of all other information.
The agreed hire charge and/or package costs are based on the information provided by the Customer in terms of site infrastructure, access for commercial vehicles, no danger of flooding and overhead obstructions. If this is not the case, Tipically Inspired reserves the right to charge labour or any other cost applicable which might occur in order to enable Tipically Inspired to set up the tipi(s) and equipment safely. Tipically Inspired will use all reasonable endeavours to supply the Customer with the tipi(s) and required equipment but ‘where this is not possible’ Tipically Inspired will notify the Customer as soon as possible with any changes that might be required. Where alteration is fundamental, the Customer may terminate this contract and any deposit paid will be refunded. If the Customer amends the quotation after initial booking has been made, Tipically Inspired reserves the right to recalculate all charges and add the revised amount to the balance due.
LOSS, DAMAGE OR VANDALISM
The Customer shall throughout the Period of Hire be responsible for the maintenance and safe custody of the tipi(s) and equipment. The Customer must be satisfied with the tipi(s) and equipment before use and should notify Tipically Inspired of any incorrect deliveries or unacceptable equipment before use.
The Customer shall be responsible for and indemnify Tipically Inspired against any loss of / or damage to all hired equipment whatsoever the cause.
The Customer must provide to Tipically Inspired proof of having arranged insurance in their name for the hired tipi(s) and equipment and the event at least two weeks prior to the delivery date of the equipment. If the Customer fails to provide such insurance, Tipically Inspired will arrange insurance on behalf of the Customer and charge the cost of insurance as well as an administration fee of £40.00 to the Customer.
In the event of loss or damage arising from Fire, Theft or Vandalism, this is subject to the Customer reporting the event to the Police immediately upon discovery, cooperating fully with any Police enquiries and notifying Tipically Inspired within 24 hours. Tipically Inspired will not be responsible for and the Customer will indemnify Tipically Inspired ‘against’ all claims for the injury to persons or loss or damage to property howsoever caused unless it is proved that such injury or damage was caused by faulty material or workmanship or negligence on the part of Tipically Inspired.
Except for claims for fraudulent misrepresentation, and/or death and personal injury caused by our negligence, we exclude all liability to any Third Party, meaning anyone other than you.
You will indemnify us against any claim made against us by any Third Party arising from our contract with you, including our reasonable legal costs.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
No contract is created between Tipically Inspired and the Customer until we have received a signed Booking Confirmation Form and a minimum deposit of 20% of the total value of the booking.
The remaining balance will be due in two instalments: 40% half way between the deposit payment and the date of the booking; the remaining balance (which may vary according to fluctuating guest numbers, changes of menu etc). must be settled in full at least 4 weeks before the Function Date, unless otherwise agreed on the Booking Confirmation Form. If payment is not made we reserve the right to defer erection or cancel this contract with immediate effect.
Payments by credit card will be subject to a surcharge of 2% of the payment.
Interest will be charged on any outstanding balances from the date due at 4% per day above the base rate of the HSBC Bank plc until paid in
Any cancellation of a confirmed booking, meaning a booking where deposit has been paid, shall result in the loss of deposit.
Further cancellation fees shall apply:
|9 months or more before the date of event
|no further cancellation charge
|6 – 9 months before the date of event
|20% cancellation fee of remaining amount applies
|3 – 6 months before the date of event
|40% cancellation fee of remaining amount applies
|1 – 3 months before the date of event
|50% cancellation fee of remaining amount applies
|2 -4 weeks before the date of event
|80% cancellation fee of remaining amount applies
|in the last 2 weeks before the date of event
|100% cancellation fee of remaining amount applies
The Customer should send all comments, concerns or complaints about any services from Tipically Inspired via email to email@example.com.
Tipically Inspired will make every effort to complete the erection of the tipis and equipment on or before the agreed set up date, providing the Customer has complied with the undertakings set out above. If the tipis and equipment are not erected because of delays due to weather or other circumstances beyond its reasonable control Tipically Inspired shall not be liable to pay compensation to the Customer. We accept no liability if we are unable to meet our obligations in full or in part by reason of events beyond our control, including but not limited to acts of God, War, Terrorism, Civil Disorder, Adverse Weather Conditions, Restriction or Obstruction of Transport.